Jane's Mindfulness Journal

REIKI IS LOVE IN TOUCH AND INTENT

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just for Today...I Will Not Worry - Part II

"Worrying about something that may never happen is like paying interest on money you may never borrow. "
Let's continue where we left off in Part I following my dream...

The above quote is very apt for what we are discussing now as it brings home the absurdity of worrying! But we are human, and worrying is something we are very adept at, and do often. So how do we train ourselves not to worry? By training! By practicing...and by understanding where worry comes from and why it is just simply an energy draining, non-productive, past- time.

Not worrying implies FAITH. Implicit Faith in the Universe to always supply us with all we need…without understanding the means by which this is done. It is simply beyond our human comprehension.


Faith...it is like a plant...it must be nurtured and cared for or it will whither and die. We can nurture our Faith by talking with God, but talking WITH does not mean monologue. It is not enough just to talk to God...we must listen as well. Be aware...or we will not hear what the other side is saying, as with any conversation, it must be a dialogue.


TALK to God (Universe, Source) every day. I make it a habit to do this morning and night and in between very frequently. Not just asking for things, but "seeing" and "hearing" and being aware when they happen in answer to our requests. Thank you for the parking space, the short line at the supermarket, an answer in only 5 minutes when calling technical support. these things are all orchestrated for us but we need to be aware of this and acknowledge our awareness....our "hearing" the other side.
Once we send our request out, things are set in motion by our Partner, our co-creator. Nothing "just happens". And once we cultivate this living, working system, and truly believe in it, there really is NO NEED TO WORRY.

Here another quote which I also like to use when trying to explain the futility of worrying to my clients and the need for manifesting solutions, rather than worrying about "what is going to happen?...what if I can't?...what if it doesn't?"...etc.

"If you take your eyes off your goals, all you see are obstacles."

This helps us to see that we must look beyond what we perceive as obstacles and focus continually on our goals, visualize them in detail, often, not only when praying or meditating, but throughout the day. To believe they will be manifested, but in ways we, as human beings, with our limited senses and understandings could never contemplate.

Not worrying implies FAITH.

Faith in God, however it is you perceive him, in the Universe, in your Higher Self.…There is an "overview" (a term used by Kryon:…see next post for further insights into this whole idea from Kryon), a full picture, which we as human beings can never see. We live in the world of linear time, where past present and future are just that: past (what has already occurred), present (what we see this moment), and future (that which has yet to happen). But this is again because we are limited by our human capacities. In effect, all time is NOW. (That also makes it easier to understand how we can use Reiki, or other methods, to bring about change not only in the future, but in the PAST.) For in Universal terms, there is no past present or future, but only NOW. This is the Overview that we are unable to see.

What we need to understand is that although we cannot "see" the actual ways in which solutions will unfold, we can manifest these goals by "Seeing" the end result exactly as we wish it to be. And once we have done this, we must leave the "how's" to God and his Universe, with complete trust. And when we do this, there is NO REASON TO WORRY!.

Always remember: "Thoughts become things...…choose the good ones", and you cannot go wrong. When we worry, we incorporate negative thoughts into our manifestations, into our prayers, into our requests, and this negative energy is received by the Universe and incorporated into the solution which is being formulated (or has already been set in place!).

Please continue with the post

Letting Go and Letting God- Parable of the Missing Bridge which follows these 2 posts.…It will give you considerable food for thought and more in-depth understanding of the idea of Trust in the Universe and the futility of worrying.

I would like to end this Part II of the First Reiki Principle with the following from Carolyn Myss' Book, Invisible Acts of Power, pp. 141-142 as it is so appropriate:

A Third Chakra Prayer

I realease into this universe my trust that my journey in life and all who walk my path with me are there by divine design. Therefore, I trust that along this path, others will always be there for me, even when I cannot see them waiting for me. And I open myself to be of service to those who m ay provide me the gift of empowerment.

THE PRAYER OF THOMAS MERTON

Dear God, I have no idea where I am going.

I do not see the road ahead of me.

I cannot know for certain where it will end.

Nor do I really know myself...and the fact that I think that I am following Your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe this:

I believe that the desire to please You does in fact please You.

I hope I have that desire in everything I do.

I hope I never persist in anything apart from that desire.

And I know that if I do this You will lead me by the right road, thought I may know nothing about it at the time.

Therefore I will trust You always, for though I may be lost...I will not be afraid, because I know You will never leave me to face my troubles all alone.

Continued in Part III....next post...Parable of the Missing Bridge-Kryon

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,