Jane's Mindfulness Journal

REIKI IS LOVE IN TOUCH AND INTENT

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New Poem with Background Story-Tears

This poem will find it's way to the "Poetry Post" with all my other poetry, but since it is new, I am posting it here as well for all to see. A little background. As mentioned on the poetry post, I do not "write" poetry. It seems to be sent to me already written, and I am just asked to get paper and pen and record what is being "said" to me. It goes straight down on the paper with no changes or work involved. What you see here is just as it went onto the paper this morning.
It comes after a month of dealing with my Dad's hospitalization, nursing facility and finally being released home today. In addition, I have left my job, (a true blessing I assure you), one of my daughters has moved in with me (forcing me to give up my clinic room), another daughter is leaving to set up her life in Boston and is also staying with me the past 2 weeks, another daughter arrived this week after 3 years of Embassy work in Uruguay with husband and 3 children. As they are Gush Katif "homeless", they have no home, no job, etc., and also find themselves in what will be a very stressful month until they find a place to live, get their kids registered in school and find work. Another daughter is also moving with her family from her city home to a country home and are also dealing with moving. And of course my youngest, my son, has moved in together with his wonderful girlfriend in Jerusalem (you can see pics of them on the post "A couple of lovely couples"). So, it has not been a quiet period and I guess the events have finally gotten to me in some way. Although my daily meditation, pranayama, yoga etc., has kept me generally quite relaxed and unstressed...just flowing...and my complete faith in God and His Universe has kept me from worrying about the future, as well as my daily dose of Reiki and the 5 Reiki principles which I meditate on each morning (see the blog title for a list of them), which give me much strength to deal tranquily with whatever comes my way, knowing that all is for the Higher Good of all concerned. However, we are human, and so, apparently the following poem found its way to me today...

TEARS
A wellspring trying to break loose,
And release its burden of unshed tears.
A lifetime worth of sorrow and pain...
Loneliness and Aloneness...
Of being known and understood by no one but You.
I've chosen my own way-no complaints.
But at times the burden is unbelievably heavy.
Can I get a porter for a few days????

Labels: , , , ,