Jane's Mindfulness Journal

REIKI IS LOVE IN TOUCH AND INTENT

Thursday, March 20, 2008

How I Found Reiki or....to be more precise

How Reiki Found ME!
This story goes back some way to around 1998 when I began working in a Hi-Tech Company, and one of the computer engineers was called Nicky. I had actually heard of Reiki before that but never had any interest in finding out exactly what it was or what it did. It had always just sounded to me like one of those “in fashion” New Age things that people were talking about, and held no real interest for me. I had become involved in alternative medicine, and alternative ways of dealing with life in general, but it was all in very down-to-earth practical ways-as I had always been a practical, down-to-earth “I’ve got to see it to believe it” kind of person.
At one point, Nicky and I began talking and he seemed an interesting, albeit slightly strange kind of person. But the more we spoke, the more I began to enjoy speaking with him. Something about his “energies” (would not have described it as such in those days I’m sure) attracted me. I don’t remember the exact sequence of events, but at some point, I was not feeling well at work, and he offered to help me. Had no idea what he was talking about but we went into a quiet room and I sat on a chair and he began “doing” something to me while my eyes were closed and I was relaxing. (I had already been doing meditation and yoga for many years so relaxing was not a problem for me). At some point I felt myself just “collapsing” from being so relaxed and he had to catch me before I literally slid sideways off the chair. Later, I began coughing terribly but when that was over, I felt fine. No more headache and fluey feeling. He explained that he had “done” Reiki on me, and I guess that was the first time I began wondering about what this Reiki business was. There were many times when the computers would have glitches, and Nicky would just walk pass, run his hands over them and they would be fine. Really weird. (It wasn’t until years later, that I found myself rebooting my computer a couple of times and even fixing an electrical problem in a friend’s car which got stuck about 1 hour away from the nearest garage in India by using Reiki all by myself!!)
And then the clincher, for me at least.
The company was doing clinical trials and they would bring these cute little piglets to do the trials on…and one arrived in a sort of pen one day and was quite frantic and running around from side to side etc. It was very sad to see. Nicky came down, together with another fellow worker who didn’t believe at all in all this “healing nonsense”. Nicky held out his hands in the direction of the piglet, and slowly, in front of our eyes, first the hind quarters of the piglet dropped in complete relaxation, and a minute later, his upper body dropped as well and he went straight to sleep! When they came down to use the piglet for testing some kind of instrument, nothing worked right as it seems that there were certain physiological changes in the pigs systems which did not allow the instrumentation to record what it had to correctly.
Nicky was eventually fired!!
But, after that, I began having more serious discussions with him and at some point he suggested I begin reading the Kryon channelings, - claiming they would give me a big jump forward in my spiritual development. I did, and they did!!
Shortly after that, I did Reiki I with Nicky, and following that, was directed towards Bach Flower Therapy which I became certified in, followed by a year of Energy Healing Studies including Color Therapy. While studying healing, I met Daniella, another Reiki Master, and did my Reiki II training with her.
And then my whole life began to change. Long long story short – at the age of 54, I left my job, went off to India and “by chance” met Akhilesh, Yoga and Reiki Master. (I was eating lunch at Nick’s Restaurant in McLeod, Dharamsala, when a lady asked if it would be OK if she joined me. And we began talking, and she started telling me about her learning Reiki I and II with this amazing person….and one thing led to another). I became a Reiki Master under his guidance over a very intense, 4 hours daily for 3 months sojourn with him. I will write about the experience perhaps at a further date.
I began doing full Reiki treatments to myself each day, and over a period of time very subtle, but enormous life changing events began stringing themselves together for me. I have not been the same since then, and each new day brings new marvels of Universal direction, guidance and loving balance into my life.
And now that you know how I became a Reiki Master, in short, I will go on to explain more about what this thing called Reiki is. In the next posting.
Much love and light to all of you
Jane

Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , ,